I am Hiring
Yes, I am hiring...
I am looking for several freelancers for the following positions:
- Web Designer
- Application Developer
- Technical Writer
General requirements for all position:
- Reads, speaks, and writes English fluently. Do submit proof of English fluency (be it a TOEFL cert, IELTS cert, sample writings, or anything that shows off your English). I am very sensitive to bad English, if you can't read MSDN properly, you are not encouraged to apply.
- Have good access to Internet, preferably during meeting sessions (usually Saturday mornings). Anywhere, anytime access is even better. Work is exclusively online, from anywhere, anytime you like.
- Citizen of Indonesia. I want the work produced by an all-Indonesian team. Reason: http://wss-id.org/blogs/narenda/archive/2008/04/03/berbuat-sesuatu-demi-bangsa.aspx.
Specific requirements for Web Designer:
- I will use Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft Expression Design exclusively. Your Photoshop/Flash/Dreamweaver skills does not count.
- Have the ability to create XHTML 1.0-compliant page. If you don’t know XHTML, you are not encouraged to apply.
- Have the ability to use CSS 2.1 effectively. If you don’t know CSS, you are not encouraged to apply.
- Be able to create a Web 2.0-style design. Do submit proof of your past designs / design concepts.
Specific requirements for Application Developer:
- I will use Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and C# exclusively. Express editions does not count (since we are going to use Team Explorer add in).
- Have the ability to write unit test. If you don’t know what unit test is, you are not encouraged to apply.
- Have the ability to write code that conform with a written coding guidelines. If you don’t know what coding guidelines are, you are not encouraged to apply.
- Be able to write working code to satisfy application requirements. Do submit proof of your past code.
Specific requirements for Technical Writer:
- I will use Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft Word 2007 exclusively.
- Have the ability to understand a code and write documentation for it. If you can’t do either or both, you are not encouraged to apply.
- Be able to write technical document for public consumption (both techie guys and business users). Do submit proof of your past writings.
I will personally test all applicant which passes the written requirements (unlike some lazy HR guy who just skips through applicants who does not have a famous university degree, for example). Accepted applicants are expected to do 5 hour work week, with payment billable by hours worked. Do submit your expected hourly rate.
Accepted applicants will work on an open source product.
Send your application to me, e-mail address below.