Clickonce dfsvc.exe has encountered a problem
When attempting to hit install for clickonce applications I am getting the following error.
dfsvc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...
1. Log in as the Administrator
2. Click "Start"
3. Click "Run"
4. Type "C:\Documents and Settings" and hit OK.
5. Find and OPEN the folder of the under privileged user which has issue.
5a. Inside this folder you will see a number of folders.
7. Locate the "Local Settings" folder. If this folder can not be seen then do the following.
7a. Click "Tools" from the menu.
7b. Click "Folder Options...”
7c. Click the "View" tab.
7d. Under "Hidden files and folders" make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is marked.
7e. Hit Apply then OK.
8. Now that you have located the "Local Settings" folder you have two
options, you can either rename it to something else, or delete it. The
folder will be recreated either way by windows on login. And in order
to do this task you will need to be logged in as the administrator. 9.
10. Log in with the under privileged user which has issue.
11. Try to duplicate the error.
Hope this solves your issue.